About Classic Insulation & Pest Control
My name is Corey Smith. I and my wife Faydra are the owners and operators of Classic Insulation & Pest Control. I began working in the pest control industry in 1994 after an honorable discharge from the United States Army. In 1997 Faydra and I became the owners and we have been working in the industry ever since. We have done the work for over 16 years now and have owned the business for over 13.
Since 1994, we are happy to have grown to a staff of 20 employees with a commercial office located in Mount Vernon, Washington.
We started out in 1997 as a full service pest control company. But as the demand grew and our skills became more proficient, we started offering insulation and rodent exclusion services in 2000. The truth is many of our customers needed new insulation installed and their crawlspaces cleaned up after rodent infestations had ruined them, and they also needed a company that could find the holes the rodents were using to enter the home and get those holes sealed. At that time there were no companies who offered those services. We realized we could make it easier on our customers by offering rodent elimination, clean up and exclusion services. We put 15 years of rodent elimination experience to work by being the best choice for clean up and exclusion work as well. Who better to seal rodents out and clean up their mess than the people who are experts at getting rid of them in the first place? Now all of our customers can put their trust in us to take care of the entire job.
We were one of the first pest control companies to get started in the local insulation industry and we specialize in taking care of homeowners and their properties. Our first insulation jobs were our current pest control customers, and then our customer base quickly grew by word of mouth. As an owner I could see that people simply wanted someone to show up on time and do the work that was supposed to be done and that is how our business has grown, by treating customers the way we would want to be treated.
As a result, the business has grown considerably. We have become very knowledgeable about insulation as well as pest control and now work for a variety of fire and water damage restoration contractors, plumbers, electricians, roofers, heating and air conditioning contractors and remodeling contractors. All for the same reason; we show up and do what were supposed to do and we do it well.
To this day, I have not seen a company that does a better job than we do. Some may do it as well, but I’ve not seen anyone do it better.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
Attention to detail
When you hire someone to do this work, they need to pay attention to detail:
- Cleaning rodent droppings from pier pads and footings
- Cutting vapor barriers to fit and staking them to the soil, not simply throwing the plastic down (see crawlspace video on home page)
- Cleaning as thoroughly as we can: which means removing accessible construction debris and garbage as well as soiled insulation
- This is critical: Having the experience to find the holes rodents are using to enter the structure and getting them sealed. I have personally trained my staff to do just that. If that part of the job does not get done correctly the whole problem will start all over again.
- We answer your phone calls and questions personally. Our office staff prides themselves on answering the phone when it rings. There are no answering services here and our staff is very knowledgeable. Violet, our office manager and Kathy, her assistant, each have over 18 years of experience.
- You don't have to wait long for a phone call back. We value your business.
- I personally work with my technicians every day to ensure quality work and I trust them implicitly. If I am not absolutely certain I can trust a technician they do not drive one of my trucks
- Across the board, from scheduling to servicing, we give you an outstanding, high quality experience.
- If you are disappointed for any reason, Faydra and I want to know why.
- We take care of problems if they arise. I don’t measure a company by whether or not there is a problem. Companies are staffed by humans and humans make mistakes. I do measure a company by what they do when there is a problem. Do they take care of it or try to pretend it didn’t happen? We take care of problems and we do it quickly.
Honesty & Integrity
- Both Faydra and I know that honesty and integrity mean everything in the world of business. Companies that do poor quality work do not succeed, and just as importantly, do not get the referrals that allow any service business to flourish.
- On a personal basis, I value my sleep at night. I sleep well when I know without a doubt I have treated every customer with integrity and honesty.
- I know that a clean conscience is more valuable any amount of money.
- Our staff is clean cut, professional and properly licensed.
- You don't need to worry about your safety because our technicians are performing work to industry standards
- Our employees are knowledgeable, or they’re not working at your home
- We have compassion for our customers who are dealing with these issues. We know it is not pleasant.
- You will find our office staff and field technicians friendly and helpful
- Many of our customers become our friends. I am still to this day working with many customers I began a relationship with in the mid and late 1990’s.
- Our philosophy is simple: We strive for excellence. In our company meetings I tell my employees how we define excellence: “Giving the customer what they’ve paid for, from start to finish.” It is that simple.
- No sales gimmicks or tricks. I’m a consumer like everyone else. I don’t like someone trying to sell me something I don’t need, so we don’t do it here. We will tell you what you need, not what we want you to buy. That’s why we don’t make our customers sign contracts or remain obligated. You can use us for one service or many. We leave the decision up to you.
- We are a service based business not a sales based business. When a company is providing an excellent service then referrals and increased sales are a natural result.
Our mission is to grow our business by providing excellent service to all our customers. We strive to meet the customers’ needs with knowledge and earn their trust. The customer needs to get everything their paying for with friendliness and professionalism. When they do, business grows.
We have 3 girls ages 11, 9 and 7. We have been married for 18 years.
We’re Local... CALL
Toll Free: 1-877-844-2847