Control Access to FoodPests like rats, mice, meal moths, and ants are looking for any food that they can find. Make them go look elsewhere by not having any available food to them in your home. How?
- Wipe up spills and crumbs right away.
- Clean kitchen countertops regularly … even if they aren’t visibly dirty.
- Clean floors (especially corners and edges where the floor meets the wall) regularly.
- Store food in tightly sealed metal, glass, or heavy plastic containers when possible.
- Use clips or ties to tightly close open bags of cereal, crackers, chips, bread, or any other similar foods.
- Don’t leave pet food sitting out.